Current Location: Chillicothe, Ohio

Thursday, March 18, 2010

PERU vs. US

DIFFERENCES:

I have been trying to compile a list of the differences between things in Peru and the US…. I am sure I´ll find more but for now…. Here are some really interesting things I have found:


  1. CORN- its huge… like every kernel is 3 times as big... you can only eat like 3 at a time and have mouth full!


  2. NAPKINS- they are tiny….a napkin is normally folded a few times but here its 1 small piece… so strange… like really give me a napkin I can wipe more than 1 finger on! Hehe


  3. BANANAS- Huge… probably twice as thick as regular bananas at home!


  4. KETCHUP- well…. It has a strange purple-ish tint and is a lot sweeter… still good though!


  5. BURGERS- All inclusive… really…. Eggs, 5 sauces, potato sticks, ham, bacon, chicken, and much, much more but somehow still fits in 1 bun!?!?


  6. PEANUT BUTTER- Apparently Peruvians don´t eat PBJs… so its soooo expensive!!! Random!


  7. TUNA- Fish… no.... here´ tuna´ is a strange green fruit with a million seed inside… and depending on who you ask may or may not be ok to shallow?? I personally won´t eat another one while I´m here.


  8. PIZZA HUT & DOMINO'S- Thankfully… the exact same!!! Love it!


  9. EGGPLANTS-Small… I had to buy 3 instead of my normal 1 for eggplant Parmesan the other night.


  10. DELUX BUS RIDES- Trying this out this weekend, but just got the tickets. CHEAP!! S/20-30 each… about $7.15-$10.70 for 1 to 4 hour rides!! With Internet, a meal, TVs, and fully reclining seats! Can´t wait for my Cruz de Sur trip!!!


  11. KARAOKE- Everyone loves it and practices nightly at our house…. If not nightly its at least every other night. At this point I haven´t seen it live in public yet.


  12. EGGS- Did you know you can put eggs with runny centers on top of pesto pasta. I never thought of this combination until my friend Edmundo ordered it the other night. I tried it… like I´ll keep them separate still! Enjoy Edmundo... sorry bud!

No comments:

Post a Comment