Current Location: Chillicothe, Ohio

Monday, February 22, 2010

Lima Central
















Lima Central... wow the city of Lima is never ending.. I rode in a bus for over an hour and never got out of the city. Central central is the location of the President´s house, heads of congress and finance. THe presidents´s house really looks a lot like Buckingham palace in London. Armed guards were station all around the area as well as crowd cotrol and a few tanks and military hummers. Funny that while we were taking pics of the Presidents house armed men were taking pics of Sarah and I with a bright pink camera! Hahaha!!





After wondering a bit we (Erik, Paulo, Giselle, Sarah and I) decide to take a tour bus around and to the top of this mountain with a big cross.. I don´t really know the specifics as the entire tour was in EspaƱol! But it was beautiful from the top... I could see the Plaza de torros (bulls) and definitely felt like I was onto of the world.. well Lima... 7 million people below me! :o) Catholic is the major religion in Peru and I believe this cross overlooking Lima has great significance to people. Side note- on our bus tour up the huge mountain we had to close the windows because apparently people hide and throw waterballoons at tour buses!?!? Luckly not me!

No comments:

Post a Comment